Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As a technical Product Owner, you will work with a multi-disciplined engineering team through the hardware verification and certification phases of our next generation Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. You will own the backlog for planning, execution, and automation of hardware verification, certification, and robustness testing. You will be responsible for dependency fulfillment, scope, and expectations management.
You will collaborate with the team's Scrum Master and Technical Lead, other Product Owners, Architects, Engineering Management, Product Management, Quality, and Operations. The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development. You will be supported with mentorship and coaching. With success in this role, you will have the opportunity to grow into roles with increased scope and responsibility.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. The ideal candidate will contribute to a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The candidate will also actively seek knowledge, identify and pursue career development opportunities.
- Own the backlog and be responsible for maximizing the value produced by the team. You will do this by collaborating directly with the team, system architects, other engineering disciplines, and product managers on a regular cadence to build, maintain, and prioritize the team backlog.
- Work with the team to ensure requirements are created, understood, reviewed, and approved.
- Develop work sequence plans for the product release and provide technical direction to the team towards objectives and milestones for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Present recommendations to sponsors for approval based on team input, showing tradeoffs between product capabilities, effort, schedule, and cost.
- Provide input to the PI planning context, PI objective definition, and story acceptance criteria.
- Work directly with other Product Owners to coordinate inter-team and inter-train dependencies.
- Review and prioritize the sprint backlog in preparation of sprint planning, helping the team to align and agree on the plan.
- Accept work as done by verifying that acceptance criteria is met and the work fulfills the team's Definition of Done.
- Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders regarding work sequence, risks and mitigation options, and impact of scope changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires 8 years of experience in product development, test, and release of electronic hardware systems
- Typically requires 3 years of experience demonstrating technical leadership capabilities, working effectively with different levels of staff across functional boundaries
- Experience releasing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as CE and IEC 61010
- Experience communicating with engineering technical teams, architects, engineering management, and product management regarding product requirements, technical designs, and plans for product development and test
- Typically requires 2 years of experience developing products using Agile/Scrum methodologies, ideally in a Scaled Agile Framework
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Experience in industrial automation product development or related technical areas, including background with large scale system development projects
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards, such as IEC 61508 or IEC 61511
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).