UTLX Manufacturing is the largest manufacturer, lessor, and maintainer of railcars in North America. With roots dating back over 125 years to Standard Oil Co. and John D. Rockefeller, UTLX, along with Canadian affiliate Procor, owns and leases a diversified portfolio of approximately 120,000 tank cars and 10,000 freight cars, operates two tank car manufacturing facilities as well as a network of more than 110 full-service and mini/mobile repair locations. Owned by the Marmon Group and Berkshire Hathaway.
UTLX offers an opportunity to be a part of a top-notch team where enthusiasm, expertise and progressive thinking are valued.
UTLX offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid time off and holidays
- Competitive retirement plans
- Short-term and long-term disability programs
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
Responsible for capital investment projects or large-scale changes for multiple facilities. This position will prepare and manage capital projects, energy saving projects and continuous improvement plans within budget and on schedule. The incumbent will evaluate new systems and equipment for implementation as well as the ability to look forward and identify future needs. They must all be well versed in gas and electrical utilities. Be adaptive with a diverse range of skills, experience and abilities. The incumbent will interact between various and diverse groups within the organization.
- Experience serving as site leader and technical project manager for capital investment projects at the facilities.
- Ability to quote, budget, plan, and oversee large scale capital investment, process improvements (productivity), and other growth projects.
- Prepares capital operating and budgets, providing justification as applicable
- Ability to work across departments and functional areas, including safety, quality, accounting, as well as shop production, material, and maintenance.
- Develop and manage facility(s) utility budgets.
- Lead / assist in the preparation of justification for capital investment proposals.
- Provide updates to current year budgeting and planning for upcoming years.
- Manage vendor relationships through project life cycle, from quote to completion implementation of capital equipment.
- Develop project road map large and small which will improve facility performance.
- Kaizen support on key projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The position will require a BS in an engineering discipline and at least 5 years of experience in all aspects of Facility Maintenance.
- An understanding of permitting requirements as it pertains to additions/capital projects.
- AutoCAD software, Microsoft Project and Microsoft 365
- The ability to write proposals, make presentations, and coordinate multiple and/or conflicting projects.
- Knowledge of physical plant support systems (HVAC, Controls systems, etc.)
- Ability to manager projects involving Electrical, Electrical Backup, Plumbing, HVAC, Fire Safety, Water, and Compressed Air systems.
- Estimate manpower requirements for all job requirements including outside resources.
- Partner with Health and Safety to ensure facility safety standards are being met.
- Knowledge of safety standards, piping and electrical standards and other fundamental industrial and mechanical standards.
- Team oriented, self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
- A high level of technical knowledge of planning/ scheduling/ procurement procedures, is needed due to the complexity of activities.