Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 18 straight years and a Zweig 2020 Hot Firm, is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well respected company.
WOODPATEL is seeking a Construction Inspector. This position will support a variety of large and small construction projects throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. This will start out as a part-time position but will transition into full-time within one to two months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe civil construction activities in-progress and determine compliance with project plans, details and specifications; recommend acceptance or rejection.
- Inspect, monitor, and report on all phases of the construction processes for private and public projects.
- Ensure contractors and other service providers understand the intent of the project plans, details and specifications.
- Measure quantities of completed work for payment.
- Prepare detailed daily inspection reports.
- Assign duties to other inspectors and oversee their performance.
- Maintain field file of approved submittals and RFI responses.
- Communicate regularly with the Construction Manager.
- Monitor the contractor’s “red line” drawings and order corrections as necessary.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED. College degree is a plus.
- 8 years progressively responsible experience as a construction inspector on a variety of civil projects.
- Familiar with MAG Stand Specifications and Details.
- Experience with the various types of paving applications, including asphalt and concrete.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in a desert environment.
- Willingness and ability to work on remote projects.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Applicable ACI and ATTI Certifications.
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO plan
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- In-house training events
- Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.