Software Quality Engineer - System Stability
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200238408
Do you want make a positive impact on the direction of new, key technologies in consumer products? We are expanding the team to Austin and are looking for someone to help us build our lab from the ground up. We're seeking a creative and motivated Stability Quality Engineer to join a Systems Quality team working to ensure world-changing products are delivered at a high-quality to all our customers. You will be involved from the early stages of a project and will play a critical role in the way we make decisions of releasing those Macs to customers. You will be responsible for planning, writing/developing, and executing system stability tests with an emphasis on hardware-centric software risks and writing and running automation simultaneously on a large number of systems. You will be at the nexus of hardware and software where you work cross-functionally with several engineering and QA teams to identify risk areas and testing responses, and to support engineering investigations. You should have a good instinct for discovering low-level defects in software and hardware. Come join our team!
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in automation development and/or HW/SW test engineering
- Experience with developing web-based automation frameworks as well as database design
- Experience presenting data to executives
- Experience working with pre or post-silicon hardware
- In-depth knowledge of processor instruction set architecture and microarchitecture
- Ability to solve hardware systems to component level and perform root-cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Strong communication, written skills, and interpersonal skills (required to establish and maintain inter-departmental relationships)
- Designing and writing on-the-fly automated stress and stability hardware-centric software tests for embedded systems - Leadership in building out a lab in our new Austin facility that will eventually support 100's of devices under test 365/24/7. - Managing a rack of systems running a variety of tests and engineering experiments - Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs found via debugging and performance analysis tools. - Report issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines. - Provide training on a regular basis and mentor others as needed on particular skill set areas
Education & Experience
BS EE/CS/CE required; MSc and above desired
- Nice to have, not required:
- - Experience working in factory processes such as burn-in qualification.
- - Experience writing MacOS or iOS applications. We are looking for someone to build test tools for Mac and iPhone.
- - Experience with web and database technologies such as MySQL, PHP, jQuery, HTML5, CSS.
- - Previously built advanced reporting tools like Tableau.
- - Experience working with large scale log collection tools such as Splunk.
- - Potential opportunities to build internal web applications for results reporting and dashboard displays.