Product Design Engineer - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200239602
As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest mobile devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the mobile experience. You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Antenna, Reliability, Packaging, Safety and Marketing. You should have significant prior experience in Siemens NX and/or Pro-E, be extremely well organized and able to balance numerous program needs simultaneously. Your excellent communication and social skills will help you to quickly grasp issues, understand the details, and drive the appropriate resolution. We work in a highly dynamic environment which will require you to respond quickly to changes, manage competing demands, and find creative, dynamic solutions. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and AppleTV. We have done the same with services, including the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Experience in mechanical design (preferably internships or working experience in consumer electronics)
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design including material selection
- Handheld/portable device experience, a big plus
- Passion for making great products and solving tough design problems
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing, with focus on high volume manufacturing
- Experience with technical graphical communication of concepts, ideas, and solutions
- Experience with component modules (OLED/LCD, batteries, sensing, acoustic, camera modules, etc.) and interconnects (FPC design and interconnect bonding), a big plus
- Integration of wireless antenna (Cellular, GPS, WiFi, BT) into mechanical enclosures, a big plus
- Integration of electrical subsystems (OLED/LCD, sensing, microphone, speaker, receiver, camera)
- Design of highly cosmetic enclosures with liquid and dust ingress protection, a big plus
- Siemens NX fluency desirable
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers, a big plus
- Mandarin language skills a benefit
- The ability to travel internationally (20%+)
You will be working with many internal teams and contract partners, leading iPhone integration and architecture efforts. You will demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering.