Desktop Support Technician (Swing Shift)
Sacramento , California , United States
Posted: Apr 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200237178
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company's desktop environment
- Collaborate with management on using new and existing technology
- Consult with IS&T, Network Administrators, and Process Engineers to make sure system related new/expansion projects are in line with the company's plans
- Monitor the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate IS&T provided security profiles, applications, and software patches for proper desktop function
- Teardown of legacy/decommissioned equipment
- Maintain inventory of system and peripheral equipment
- Desktop Support is also available during times of UAT to support engineers with setup and troubleshooting of new tools and equipment.
Desktop Support (DS) partners with all Lines of Business (LOB) in all aspects of the business to ensure needed tools and equipment are readily available. Basic functions include Line Equipment Setup in power, network and installing/configuring software such as MacOS, Oprah, SAP, SNR, POFF, FileMaker, Configurator, MS software and iWorks. Line Equipment Maintenance such as troubleshooting and Root cause analysis, repair and replacement. Identify Equipment Decommission/Teardown and its removal. Engineering Support of local and remote UAT environments as well as an understanding or a familiarity with PERVACIO and minimal test bed repair. Inventory Control of equipment such as Computers, Printers, Keyboards, Mice, etc. is a requirement of DS.
Education & Experience
Associates Degree, Electronic certification, or 3 years relevant experience required. BS in Electronics or equivalent preferred.