Operations Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200238425
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Operations Engineering Program Manager is responsible for managing business and technical aspects of refurb product readiness along with leading strategic service programs across geographies. This role is complex in that it requires a strong blend of both technical knowledge and eye for business covering a wide variety of deliverables spanning across multiple iOS products.
- Excellent product or project management qualifications
- Proven experience leading supply chain business projects
- Work experience as a project/program manager in any one or more of the following areas: New Products, Program Management, Supply Chain Management (Service/Operations), Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Strong analytical (cost benefit, return on investment analysis) and Excel skills
- Design/process mapping capability
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and convert them to executable project plans
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience presenting at all levels
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Additional requirements include the ability to think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort working with numbers
Join this dynamic role in the WW Service organization. A successful PM in this role is a natural leader and facilitator; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts and manages through relationships and influence. In this role you will lead discrete projects related to operational strategy, planning and execution that will support Apple to execute best-in-class service supply chain solutions. You will also lead projects from cradle to grave, providing cost-benefit analyses and return on investment analyses, along with project status to the business leaders Drive worldwide product and strategic service readiness activities across multiple functional groups in Apple including Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Retail, Legal and Sales. Proven expertise building complex economic models using strong financial modeling skills for strategic service programs Primary representative for AppleCare to other organizations (Product Design, Product Operations, Logistics, Environmental Supply Chain Initiatives, Retail, Business Development & Legal) to realize opportunities in the areas of reclaim, trade-in initiatives, business-to-business initiatives, supply chain design, warehouse/OEM operational efficiency and system improvements. Work closely with the internal planning and readiness teams to ensure appropriate synchronization of product launch efforts with business team (Marketing/SDM/Sales) Overall responsibility to ensure all aspects of iOS refurb program launches for AppleCare product service and continuous improvement Develop and present compelling business cases and implement solutions that improve quality and cost. Understand key cost drivers and recommend options between competing strategies based on effective cost/benefit analysis. Use business and supply chain knowledge to analyze competing options. Assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, raising key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in related field plus 5-7 years of related experience, or advanced degree plus 3-5 years of related experience. MBA strongly preferred.