Preucil School of Music, a non-profit organization, is currently searching for a Financial Administrator. This full-time position plays an important support role critical to the success of the School’s programs; Music School, Preschool and Music Together. The primary function of this position is to manage the financial activities of the School to meet the School's mission.
This position is a critical component to the School’s success and financial health. In a one-person financial department, the Financial Administrator works in conjunction with the Director and Business Manager.
- Customer Service
- Maintain, process and produce accurate financial records
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- System Management
- Process tuition payments and donations
- Prepare, process, post and reconcile a complex payroll system
- Reconcile all monthly financial records
- Report monthly financial records to management
- Maintain employee benefits
- Prepare annual budget and reports to management and Finance Committee
- Coordinate annual review/audit with independent auditor
The successful candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, able to prioritize work under pressure, meet deadlines, communicate complex data clearly, familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions, along with friendly and professional customer service skills. The person must be a self-starter, quick learner, problem solver, team player and take-charge person. The position requires strong business accounting experience and knowledge to include financial bookkeeping software, database management, Office 365 SharePoint/OneDrive, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word and Excel. The position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Associate degree in Accounting or 2-3 years relevant work experience (BA, AA or CPS a plus).
- Previous business accounting experience and business software experience (2-3 years) is required. Sage Business Works experience and non-profit accounting experience is a plus. The knowledge, skills, experience, ability and drive to modernize the accounting functions are a definite plus.
This position is a full-time (40 hours), non-exempt, permanent position. Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, M-F.
Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation and 8 major holidays. Free parking available.
To apply, forward resume and cover letter via email by clicking apply now!
No Phone Calls
Equal Opportunity Employer