Engineering Program Manager, Software Cloud - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200240640
Play a role in bringing autonomous technologies to the real world. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Engineering Program Manager to partner with our Infrastructure and Data Engineering teams. As an Engineering Program Manager within Apple's Special Projects Group (SPG), you will be responsible for managing program strategies, plans, and execution to build cloud platforms for artificial intelligence research, product tools that enable control and testing of new hardware, tools for enhancing developer workflows, and automation pipelines for product development.
- 8+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience in software development and full stack cloud applications (UI, APIs and data stores)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure".
- Experience in program, project, and/or product management
- Experience in Agile software development principles
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Self-starter, capable of providing strategic leadership with an eye for detail.
- Solid track record of delivering projects on time while exemplifying the utmost attention to quality.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Experience interfacing with a breadth of engineering and operations team
- Strong engineering / technical background
Drive program development; defining scope of work, schedule, and budget Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks Help define corrective action and technical solutions for engineering issues Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues Coordinate technical design reviews; communicating program status and top engineering issues to engineering teams and management Scale and optimize cloud platforms, while keeping costs and efforts sustainable Help define SW development processes and test strategies
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Engineering, Physics/Applied Math, CS/Data Science/Mathematics/Statistics or other Scientific background