Data Protection Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200239593
People at Apple don't just build products they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Security team builds and provides secure systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple's services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and Maps). As part of the Apple Cloud Security team, you will help engineer in privacy and security into Apple's services around the world. We are looking for strong distributed systems software engineer to work on components of our services data protection and governance stack. Join us, and you'll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security and privacy for one of the most-watched companies in the world.
- 5+ years of work experience in designing and building distributed software systems
- Strong proficiency in Java, Python, Rust, or Go
- Knowledge of development and integration (e.g. CI/CD)
- Experience working on high volume services
- A critical eye for correct code
- Proficiency in testing your software
- Experience with Linux
- Work with the service and database teams to understand their data environment and technical context - Develop APIs, SDKs and other tools that service teams can use to integrate the data privacy stack into their systems - Work closely with your teammates to deliver software in a timely manner - Work with security professionals to evaluate your teams code and design accordingly to their recommendations - Be accountable for service level objectives and work with SRE efforts to hit our targets - Estimate, code, test, and deploy features - Participate in code reviews - Research secure designs and present those to your team, management and customers - Technical experience in privacy and security technologies is a plus, but not required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- This position is available in Cupertino, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, and Austin.