Location: 2000-Northwest Regional Ofc
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Waste Connections is searching for a Junior Recruiter to join our team in Vancouver, WA! This position's duties will be split between recruiting and managing a req load as well as providing administrative support to our recruiters and hiring managers. We are looking for a positive, upbeat individual that thrives in a fast paced environment and can balance competing priorities. If this sounds like you, check out the specifics below!
A Day in the Life of a Waste Connections Jr. Recruiter:
- This is a full desk/full cycle recruiting department so you need to deliver daily in one or more areas in the recruitment process such as: onboarding, posting jobs, sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, administering assessments, welcome emails, processing background checks, processing offer letters, and maintaining all records in the applicant tracking system.
- Other responsibilities include: req audits, conducting exit interviews, and other projects as needed to assist the recruiting department.
- Your relationships with the recruiters and region staff is crucial. Expect daily communication with them as you are their partner in coordinating all steps of the hiring process.
- We are continually growing, so it's a challenge to keep up with the demand for drivers, helpers, mechanics and more, so keeping the pipeline full is a must. Pro-active, creative sourcing is an ongoing process.
- In the midst of it all, you need to keep the recruiters updated on status of all your efforts and progress including managing, tracking, and documenting all steps of the hiring process.
What we're looking for:
- Positive attitude.
- Prior recruiting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Experience in customer service, sales, or field related to client interaction is required.
- Ability to travel to assist with career fairs, on site interviews or other hiring events. Intermediate to advanced skills in PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application atwww.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)