The Front End Maintainers work 12-hour shifts on for four days and off for four days. There are typically 3 Front End Maintainers on at one time. The Front End Maintainers initiate the can making process. Steel coils are transported by a fork lift to the upender where they are tipped on to their side. They are then transported again by coil car to the unwinder where they are mounted in place. Two Front End Maintainers guide the steel sheet through the lubricator and into the press. From this point the Front End Maintainers are responsible for the set up, operation and maintenance of the cupping press, body makers, trimmers, and conveying systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, upend and load coils onto the unwinder and feed coils through lubricator and into press.
- Set-up, maintenance and operation of the upender, unwinder, lubricator, and cupping press.
- Set-up, maintenance and operation of the body makers, trimmers, and conveying systems.
- Inspect and monitor, then enter into computer the following can specifications:
- - flange wall thickness - mid-wall thickness
- - dome depth - trim can height
- Perform visual checks and cup weights to insure that process is in compliance and take appropriate measures.
- Assist in other areas as needed to maintain smooth can flow through the plant.
- Complete required paperwork and documentation such as coil log, check sheets, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of all work areas and machines and practice proper safety procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of how electrical components work.
- Ability to use precision measurement devices (i.e. calipers, micrometers and dial indicators)
- High School Education/GED
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- Competitive salaries with bi-annual plant gainsharing plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare where Crown pays 100% of the cost for employee coverage.
- 401K with company match, active Pension Plan and Stock Purchase Plan
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability with optional long-term disability
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.