Getty a cultural and philanthropic institution dedicated to the presentation, conservation, and interpretation of the world's artistic legacy. Through the collective and individual work of its constituent programs—Getty Conservation Institute, Getty Foundation, J. Paul Getty Museum, and Getty Research Institute—Getty pursues its mission in Los Angeles and throughout the world, serving both the general interested public and a wide range of professional communities in order to promote a vital civil society through an understanding of the visual arts.
This position reports to Getty's Secretary/Vice President/General Counsel and, under limited supervision, works closely with them, other senior leaders, Board members and their assistants to provide advanced executive administrative support for the J. Paul Getty Trust Board of Trustees and associated committees.
- Coordinate multiple complex calendars to schedule Board of Trustee and committee meetings throughout the year (minimum of: four Board meetings, 24 Committee meetings, plus ad hoc meetings). Ensure that the timing of such meetings meets all governance requirements. Prepare and distribute related meeting notifications, agendas and materials.
- Coordinate meetings by preparing/editing agendas, ensuring that meeting rooms, logistics, video meetings, and all aspects of events management are synchronized and, as needed, lodging requirements are met. Arrange pre-meetings and Board presentation rehearsals as needed.
- Communicate materials deadlines to all necessary parties. Attend meetings, taking notes for Board Secretary and, when requested, assist with or prepare meeting minutes.
- Create, maintain and distribute board materials ahead of all meetings. Ensure that documents are uploaded to board management software in a timely fashion and follow appropriate accessibility protocol.
- Organize domestic and international board trips. Oversee Board of Trustees budget, including contract and budget for international trips. Track expenses for board trips and reconcile Trustee and staff expenses. Create expense reports for Trustees in accordance with Trustee Travel Guidelines.
- Administer board management software, ensuring updates, maintaining accessibility and contract renewal. Introduce and provide training as needed to new Trustees, Executives and others who require digital access to Board and Committee materials.
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship with all members of the Board of Trustees, Getty Executive Leadership and others across Getty to be able to act as liaison as needed.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from Trustees and provide charitable matching gift policy and forms as requested. Monitor Board anniversaries, birthdays and other special occasions. Ensure Board members have appropriate site access and necessary parking badges and arrangements. Coordinate orientation for any new board members.
- Prepare and maintain Board of Trustees' directory and mailing list and ensure changes are efficiently communicated to all relevant parties. Maintain all board-related materials on appropriate, shared network drive and Raiser's Edge donor management system; ensure board-related information, including biographies and photographs, on website are accurate and up-to-date.
- Gather data for information purposes or special reports, contacting other departments as needed. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Manage board chair's internal email account, sending emails on behalf of the Board Chair as appropriate, monitoring and responding as necessary, and keeping Chair informed of items needing attention. Send emails to Trustees on behalf of Getty's President/CEO.
- Employ Getty's archival protocols established for all Board related materials.