Responsible for advising, assisting and acting on behalf of the executive director in planning, development, implementation and administration of agency annual budget, finance, contract administration, and treasury functions. Formulates and administers the organization’s overall financial plans, programs and policies, including working capital and treasury functions.
- Directs preparation and administration of the SPC combined annual budget applying knowledge of various grants, funding contracts, planning and development programs and property fiscal management.
- Directs and manages all financial activities of the organization: auditing, budgeting, financial statements and reports, 990 tax return preparation, purchasing, cash management, investments, treasury and banking according to Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and annual reports according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Directs grant and contract administration in compliance with stated guidelines and federal OMB Circulars especially 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance.
- Designs, reviews and implements internal control relevant to the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements.
- Directs and manages all agency risk management assuring proper and sufficient coverage for employees, members, officers and directors.
- Serves on the SPC Pension Administration Committee and as the Plan Administrator for the plan.
- Serves as the Corporation’s Secretary-Treasurer and coordinates the resolution of all legal matters with assistance from external legal counsel and auditors.
- Serves as the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, is responsible for implementing all aspects of the SPC DBE program and ensuring that SPC complies with all provisions of 49 CFR Part 26. The DBELO has direct, independent access to the Chief Executive Officer of SPC concerning DBE program matters.
- Directs the contract administrative functions of the organization.
- Prepares, coordinates and assists external auditors in the preparation of the agency annual Single Audit Report with required supplementary information and supporting schedules.
- Manages a professional accounting staff and performs annual staff performance reviews.
- Assists with the planning and staffing efforts of the organization.
- Prepares and reviews annually the agency indirect cost allocation and rate plan assuring sufficient indirect rate to cover indirect expenses.
- Reviews all grant proposals, grant budgets and financial reports prior to submission.
- All other duties as assigned by the SPC President/Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Accounting or Finance major, or related field.
- Grants Management Certification preferred.
- CPA and/or MBA desirable.
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance and other government grant regulations.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office and Windows based accounting software.
- Strong financial analysis and management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Email letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
- SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package; flex time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.