F/T - Upscale dental restorative practice in Scarsdale, NY is seeking to add an experienced Dental Assistant to our TEAM of professionals.
Dental Assistant duties and responsibilities
Dental Assistants help dentists to ensure dental procedures go smoothly and patients are comfortable. Duties and responsibilities of the Dental Assistant include:
- Preparing exam rooms, sterilizing instruments and ensuring necessary equipment is ready for dentists
- Assisting dentists during procedures by handing them instruments and anticipating needs
- Taking and processing X-rays of patients
- Processing lab work for the dentist
- Greeting patients as they arrive and scheduling appointments
- Taking billing and insurance details from patients
- Advising patients on recommended oral hygiene
- Updating and maintaining dental records
- Handling general administrative and other duties to maintain the dental clinic
Dental Assistant skills and qualifications
The successful candidate for the Dental Assistant will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of dentistry, particularly dental procedures, instruments and hygiene
- Experience administering dental X-rays
- Technical skills and proficiency with dental, scheduling, office and other software
- Customer service and communication skills to ensure patients feel comfortable during appointments
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills, general office aptitude
Great staff and benefits.
Must work Saturdays
Dental assistant –Kindly do not respond unless you have current dental assistant experience.
Qualified candidates please CLICK APPLY to send your resumes and cover letters