Reports To: Crew Leader
Summary: Work directly with Crew Leader through the direction of the Operations Superintendent to assure smooth operation of District facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Under direction of Crew Leader, maintains pipelines, pumps, pump stations, wells and District facilities in area of responsibility.
- Learns the location of all valves, airvalves, blowoffs, and rural meters.
- Reads and records meter readings.
- Operates equipment such as mowers, tractors, dump trucks and haul trucks.
- Proficient in operation of backhoe, welder, and well pulling unit.
- Services and maintains equipment used.
- Learns the name of property owners where District facilities are located.
- Adhere to the District’s Safety Program.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and organized manner and that the District’s facilities are maintained in an operational and orderly manner.
- Follows appropriate policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge Required: Overall understanding of the District’s operations including local, state and federal laws, regulations and policies governing the District including the TCEQ rules and regulations and Mission of CRMWD.
Coordination and Communication: Activities of the District require continual communication and coordination. Communication and coordination may include managers, employees, customers, landowners, vendors and the general public. If unusual or emergency situations arise, the appropriate person(s) should be notified as soon as possible.
Education, Training, and Experience: High School Diploma or acceptable GED equivalency required. Prefer prior experience in water system operation or equivalent experience. Must have the ability to learn to use backhoes, welders, well pulling unit and hand tools.
Certification or License: Valid Texas Drivers License - Class A CDL required. X endorsement preferred, not required.
Equipment Used: Pickup, mowers, dump trucks, bulldozer, motor grader, light equipment, hand tools and welders.
Physical / Mental Demands: Requires use of sight, hearing, speech, use of hands and feet. Requires the ability to read, write, and reason. This is a physically demanding job, which involves heavy lifting, climbing, digging and stooping. This job requires outdoor work in all types of weather including heat, cold, and inclement, stormy conditions and may require working at night and on weekends when emergency conditions exist. Requires physical ability to be “on-call” for response in emergency and/or critical periods. Attendance within policy guidelines is required. Must be able to follow instructions. May require physical exertion in emergency or extremely busy situations. Requires some travel with overnight stays.