Provides a professional level of technical expertise and leadership for planning, budgeting and executing the maintenance, repair, and daily operation of all buildings, structures, grounds, and roads. Coordinates the assigned duties for the operation of the Medical Center in-house staff assignments, outside contractors, and parking facilities. Manages and assures department compliance with The Joint Commission requirements in areas related to Life Safety, facility maintenance and departmental training.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide frontline leadership to the staff including orientation, competency assessment and skills training. Provide frontline supervision and performance management of staff.
- Conduct and supervise daily corrective and preventive maintenance activities for AAMC managed facilities and grounds.
- Ensure proper utilization of available resources to allow for work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritize, assign and follow up on work orders to ensure efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction of work achieved.
- Establish effective means of communication with staff, peers, and all key stakeholders.
- Work with outside contractors as needed to complete repairs and projects.
- Manage supply needs ensuring proper stock is kept and supplies are ordered on time.
- Assist in all phases of renovation as needed to include scheduling, cost monitoring, and code compliance.
- Assist in developing department operating/capital budget needs. Maintains pertinent records of all inspections, job cost and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the supervision of Life safety and other audits to ensure that the physical environment meets established quality and applicable safety.
Educational/Experience Requirements :
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Five years' supervisor experience working in the management of a Facilities Engineering Department preferred
- Preferred Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM)
- Must have a valid Maryland driver's license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.