LiDAR Systems Integration Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Role Number: 200241131
One of Apple's R&D groups is currently seeking an Engineer for architecting and developing external sensors Integration. This engineer will work various sensor teams, EE team, Test Teams, PD Teams and Calibration Teams to integrate sensors into various platforms. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Ability to create validation plans, coverage metrics and setup an architecture & rigorous process for automated testing and regressions at plan form level
- Point cloud manipulation, assembly and analysis for validation/verification purposes
- Data processing and automation of validation setups
- Ability to develop test methodologies, including specifying architecture for test set ups, test programs, helping commission testers and production lines
- Excellent at debugging system integration issues - triaging, root causing and failure analysis of complex electrical and SW systems
- Familiarity with LiDAR systems and its data products are required, experiences with other sensor modalities and extrinsic calibration methodologies are a plus
- Ability to take a high-level problem statement and make it impactful in terms of project plans, tasks, resources required - tech resources, engineering resources, lab equipment, budgeting, etc.
- Ability to lead a team of one or two junior engineers as well as one or two technicians.
- Ability to collaborate with a broad set of teams - sensor design engineers, hardware test engineering, firmware engineers, electrical integration and program management.
In this role you will partner with other subject matter experts and work with a cross functional team of sensor HW, EE integration, system software and algorithm designers to build meaningful and representative test systems and prototypes. You are expected to lead tasks independently, management multiple projects and mentor junior staff.
Design test and validation setups at the platform level
Develop extensive and scalable testing and verification benches
Lead platform level troubleshooting and debugging efforts
Follow (or create new) best practices for HW and SW system development
Maintain a strong relationship with internal customers, hardware/software teams, and external vendors
Develop test/validation plans and lead execution of these activities
Education & Experience
Significant experience in defining, architecting, and designing test and automation systems for sensors. BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering with (preferably) 8+ years of experience MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering with (preferably) 5+ years of experience
- NICE TO HAVES:
- Prior experience in developing tools to verify and validate complex mission critical systems.
- Track record of having tested and shipped products in volume
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace