Software Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215814
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Server team is a rare engineering group within Apple. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. By crafting and implementing services that are tightly coupled with hardware, we support the ongoing need to improve security of customer's sensitive data (financial or otherwise) and privacy. Many of our services are seen in the iOS Security Guide and are publicly discussed on Internet forums.
- 7+ years experience in software development for distributed systems
- Deep understanding of one or more programming languages
- Experienced in designing & developing highly scalable web applications
- Detailed knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Expertise in test-driven development
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills across large ecosystems
- Demonstrated ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong communication, collaboration & interpersonal skills
- iOS and macOS familiarity (nice to have)
- Experience in payment industry and/or identity management, security & cryptography (nice to have)
- Understands software development methodologies
- Proven track record of successful product delivery
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world. As an experienced software engineer on the Apple Pay Server team: - You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and product security initiatives. - You will get the opportunity to lead a small group of engineers working on product features. - You will develop the next generation of cloud support that powers Apple Pay. - You will be responsible for designing and developing large scale platforms that can support future Apple Pay functionality. - You will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide range of technologies. - You will work collaboratively with Apple's iOS Engineering team, NFC team, security team, and external partners to define the next hot feature of Apple Pay.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.