Metals USA is seeking a maintenance mechanic in Fairless Hills PA. Metals USA is a solid, growth oriented, carbon steel (plate, beam and tube) distribution center servicing the defense, commercial, construction, aerospace and fabrication industries.
- Performs basic diagnostic tests, evaluates equipment performance, performs preventive maintenance of equipment and troubleshoots & performs equipment system repairs both routine and emergency.
- Repairs, services and inspects facility equipment and property to include: overhead cranes, production machinery, material handling equipment and facility grounds.
- Complies with Metals USA and OSHA safety policies and safe practices to include: lock out/ tag out, safety data sheets and hazardous material usage.
- Operates industrial equipment and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems and inspects or tests damaged machines & makes the appropriate repairs.
- Performs building and equipment maintenance, repair and improvements. Performs preventive maintenance on CNC machinery, electrical and hydraulic systems, overhead cranes and other fabricating equipment.
- Installs, replaces, or changes machine parts, attachments and new equipment and reassembles machines after completion of repair and maintenance work.
- Lubricates or applies adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment.
- Records production, repair, and machine maintenance information and reads maintenance repair work orders and specifications to determine machine & equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Inspects, operates or test machinery/equipment to diagnose malfunctions and plans repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals or schematic diagrams.
- High School/Technical School Graduate
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform repairs, read English to understand maintenance work orders, schematic drawings/blueprints and maintenance/ safety manuals
- Ability to comprehend electrical-mechanical& hydraulic systems, HVAC and plumbing systems with knowledge of electricity (110, 230 and 460 voltage)
- Experience of operating an overhead crane, forklift, hand tools and common shop machinery and demonstrated ability to perform electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repairs
- Valid OSHA Forklift, Overhead Crane and Aerial Work Platform Certificates
If interested, please forward your resume to: LWhite@metalsusa.com Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus upward mobility professional growth. EOE, Affirmative Action Employer/ M/F/D/V