The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking an Information Technology Analyst II for the Jury Administration Unit. Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge in the following:
- Visual Studio / TFS
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Drafting and maintaining business requirements and technical requirements
- Creating and maintaining test plans and testing documentation
Qualified applicants will possess experience in either/or the specific functional area(s) of:
Business Analysis: Manages moderately complex level system and project requirements; identifies changes to scope and tracks requirements through implementation; defines key business processes and identifies critical paths of the operations; identifies the impact of technology on business processes; working with the project team, proposes, documents and assesses technical solutions to business needs, and verifies and validates moderately complex level system specifications; identifies process gaps; translates business needs into systems specifications; utilizes elicitation and facilitation techniques; entry level task coordination in support of project management.
Quality Assurance: Analyzes moderately complex level project documents; identifies the impact of technology changes on current systems; develops test strategies; translates systems specifications, written or derived, into test plans and test scripts; executes test plans and test scripts and documents results and defects; coordinates the resolution of system defects; monitors test plans and verifies that development deliverables are consistent with the systems specifications.
Starting Salary $83,403 – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I level or its equivalent.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
Special Requirement: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by May 10, 2021. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: www.jud.ct.gov/hronline/. Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Please reference posting number 21-1000-074