- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Process batches of paints and colorants.
- Assist in the process of pilot scale up batches.
- Perform and analyze laboratory tests and procedures and record data clearly and concisely.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment, including calibration automatic dispensers.
- Generate color matches using the color matching software and spectrophotometer.
- Prepare standard tint samples for use in color databases, as well as preparation of custom colors.
- Visually analyze and interpret color.
- Interpret spectrohotometric data.
- Investigate color complaints and perform corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and raw materials.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Checks batch ticket for correct product.
- Ensures product information on container and lid is in accordance with batch ticket.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Physical effort and dexterity
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Ability to stand and climb stairs as needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
- Ability to use proper PPE (eye protection, safety shoes)
- Ability to work overtime when required
Job Type: Hourly, Non-exempt
Starting pay up to $29 per hour
Bonus potential up to $3,100 annually
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.