Controls Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 22, 2021
Role Number: 200241900
We're a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is where your work can make a difference in people's lives. Including your own! Apple's Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking a full-time engineer to join our Controls Engineering group. The candidate will be responsible for development and integration of control and estimation algorithms for complex electromechanical systems.
- Practical knowledge of systems theory and control systems design, including classical and modern control methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of sensor and actuator physics.
- Experience integrating real-time safety-critical control algorithms and embedded control software on microcontroller platforms.
- Experience with electromechanical integration of mechatronic systems.
- Serial communications: Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UART, SPI
- Low voltage and high voltage power systems and I/O
- Basic mechanical component assembly
- Experience with commercial rapid controls prototyping systems, e.g. dSPACE.
- I/O configuration, model configuration, test automation, fault injection
- Runtime operation, data visualization, collection, and analysis
- Experience testing controllers on Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) systems.
- Proficiency in MathWorks tools: MATLAB/Simulink is a must. Simulink-RT preferred.
- Proficiency in Python is a must. C/C++ preferred.
- Proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices, including version control, build and test systems, and peer review.
We are seeking a highly motivated controls integration engineer to support the development of controls for complex dynamical systems.
Collaborate in highly cross-functional environment and work closely with control design engineers, software engineers, systems integration engineers, and sensor and actuator design engineers.
Lead the planning and execution of control integration milestones, from simulation-based testing to verification on real hardware in broad operating conditions.
Work with software team to ensure robust controller implementation on embedded microcontrollers.
Work with modeling team to integrate models and controllers into simulation environment for rapid development and validation.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering.