SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Maintenance work involves the performance of skilled, diversified duties in connection with repairs to and maintenance of buildings, apartments, and grounds.
An incumbent is expected to have knowledge of and manual skills repairing items such as; plumbing and heating valves and pipes, electrical switches, stoves and refrigerators; windows, doors and other wood materials, mechanical equipment (e.g. snow blowers, lawn mowers, etc.), and in carrying out a full set of maintenance duties. May be required to work under hazardous and adverse conditions such as sleet, snow, heat, cold, dust and dirt.
We go by the Department of Labor Standard Hourly Rate of $32.50 per hour.
The incumbent is provided direction and guidance, but generally works independently and exercises a great deal of independence of judgment in resolving problems in the act of repairing household and building facades.
- Independently performs wide range of building and grounds duties and repairs, calling for physical exertion at times.
- Minor plumbing repairs i.e., pipes, toilets, sinks, drains, valves, and controls.
- Digs ditches and holes to uncover leaks, repairs as needed.
- Repairs all parts of electrical appliances such as ranges and refrigerators.
- Minor electrical repairs i.e., switches, light fixtures, thermostats, circuit breakers, etc.
- Repairs windows, doors, door frames, locks, mailboxes, and performs some carpentry work.
- Minor mechanical equipment repairs such as; snow blowers, power mowers, etc.
- Checks condition of boiler rooms and makes repairs to all oil pumps and valves; generally maintains condition of boiler room in satisfactory condition.
- Inspects apartments for maintenance work.
- Must have knowledge of and skill in using a wide range of hand tools and equipment, such as: drills, hammers, pliers, electrical testers, power saws, etc.
- Must be able to perform painting in apartments i.e.: walls, doors, ceilings, and floor cleaning/waxing.
- Perform grounds keeping tasks.
- Performs snow removal from grounds by snow blowing and shoveling. Sands and salts as required (incumbent is required to work all snowstorms including weekend storms).
- Incumbent is required to be on-call, in rotation with other maintenance mechanics for overtime calls.
Appropriate physical health is a requisite as is the possession of a Massachusetts driver’s license.
Please send resume to:
Arlington Housing Authority
c/o Robert Cronin
4 Winslow Street
Arlington, MA 02474
Please submit by May 26, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer