he position of K-12 Assistant Principal is a vital leadership position in the Marion Central School District. The individual filling this position will, in conjunction with the Elementary and Jr.-Sr. High School Principals, provide leadership and direction for faculty, students, support staff, and parents in the total education process. The K-12 Assistant Principal has the responsibility to not only help others grow, but to continually pursue his/her own professional growth. Such individual growth is a fundamental expectation for this position.
Immediate Supervisors: Marion Elementary and Jr.-Sr. High School Principals
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative Only):
Curriculum and Instruction:
In conjunction with and under the direction of the school principal:
- Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school which supports the emotional, physical and intellectual well-being of K-12 School students.
- Participates in developing recommendations concerning the district's implementation of instructional programs.
- Participates in supervising activities and programs that are outgrowths of the school’s curriculum.
- Supports the administration of student testing programs within the school.
Staff and Student Supervision
- Assists the school principals in implementing and observing all Board policies and regulations by staff and students.
- Assists in the supervision of all professional, paraprofessional, administrative and non-professional personnel attached to the schools.
- Assists in training, assigning and/or evaluating of the school’s professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Helps establish guides for proper student conduct maintaining high standards and enforcing discipline as necessary, according to due process to the rights of students.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate records on student health, performance and attendance.
Assists the Elementary and Jr.-Sr. High School Principals with:
- Assist in the development the master teaching schedule and any special assignments.
- Conducting meetings of the staff as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
- Assuming responsibility for the safety and administration of the schools.
- Supervising the daily use of the school facilities for academic and non-academic purposes.
- Planning and supervising safety drills and filing required reports of same.
- Overseeing field trip arrangements with transportation supervisor.
District Level Administrative Duties
- Participates in administrative meetings, Board meetings, negotiation meetings, and such other meetings as are required or appropriate.
- Keeps the school principal informed of the school’s regular activities and concerns, as well as events and activities of an unusual nature.
- Assumes other such duties as may be deemed necessary by the Superintendent or his/her designee, or the Elementary and/or Jr.-Sr. High School Principals.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position of K-12 Assistant Principal is a twelve-month administrative position. The terms established in accordance with the contract between the Superintendent of Schools and the Marion Administrators Association.
Performance in this position will be evaluated annually through a joint process of the Marion Elementary and Jr-Sr. High School Principals.
- Hold New York State School Administrator certification or certificate of internship.
- Have completed a minimum of five years of successful teaching and/or Administrative experience.
- Hold a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Hold high and clear expectations for students, staff, and self.
- Be able to work effectively with a variety of staff and community groups.
- Possess a management style which fosters a team effort.
- Knowledge of curriculum and the instructional supervision process.
Apply Online or submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Start Date: June 2021
Job CategoryAdministrationJob LocationDistrict Wide