Friday, April 23, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
If you have the special ability to find and create compelling video content for digital platforms, then this job is for you. The USA TODAY Network is looking for a Senior Producer of Video to create, manage, and expand editorial content across the Network.
The Senior Producer will be based at our Video Production Center (VPC) in Atlanta and will coordinate and manage digital video coverage to be sure the video team, section editors, national desk and local properties are working together and creating and programming live and on demand video content for the USA TODAY Network. The Senior Producer will be a strong writer and producer of editorial content, able to find compelling, interesting, and informative stories, interview people for video pieces, write text-on-screen scripts, as well as copy edit scripts and review video edits for other team members pieces. Editorial experience in the media industry is a must. This position will work closely with other senior managers to identify coverage opportunities across the network on owned and social platforms. The Senior Producer is directing content coverage that fits with the USA TODAY Network in ways that grow our brands as well as diversifies revenue opportunities.
This person will be a leader on the USA TODAY Network video team and will help manage and coordinate daily assignments, ongoing features, social videos, special coverage, special projects, special events and futures planning and programming. He/she will be responsible for regularly tracking video performance daily using Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Crowdtangle and other analytics tools and using this data to make informed decisions to prioritize video team work. They will also be responsible for management and performance evaluations of Associate Producer, Producer and/or Video Editor level staff. This person will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, journalists, product teams and members of the sales team.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE RESUME, COVER LETTER AND VIDEO AND WRITING WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED. Please combine into one document attachment with application.
- Responsible for overseeing and executing all aspects of video production including writing, researching, planning, coordinating logistics, technical production, script approval and video editing.
- Manage and coordinate daily assignments, future planning and programming.
- Lead story curation from Network and/or nation-wide sources.
- Create and manage connections across the USA TODAY Network of reporters, writers, producers, editors, and digital managers, to coordinate requests and ideas.
- Responsible for tracking USA TODAY and USA TODAY Network performance metrics for on platform, mobile, and app video view reporting on a daily, monthly, and as needed basis.
- Manage team of editorial producers, producer-editors and editor level staff.
- Create content that drives a variety of revenue opportunities from across multiple platforms including on-platform, syndication, and social.
- Handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- 8 +years of professional experience, including producing experience and 3-5 years of digital experience. 2-3 years of leadership/management experience.
- Experience producing video content for digital platforms
- Understanding of all digital media platforms and social media
- Experience Producing for Television
- Experience coordinating and planning coverage
- Strong Editorial decision making skills
- Strong leadership, ability to manage employees
- Writing and Producing skills for digital and social video platforms
- Understanding of web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, live streaming, video editing, and web analytics.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person, with the community and fellow journalists.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Experience using After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Photography & Video