Senior Interaction Algorithms Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 23, 2021
Role Number: 200242305
Apple's Human Interface Devices (HID) group is responsible for developing innovative ways to interact with Apple products. We've delivered input technologies for every Apple product line - Multi-touch, ApplePencil, AppleWatch Digital Crown, AppleTV remote to name a few - and we're now building the next generation of human computer interaction. The HID Algorithms team is looking for a senior engineer to help build new and exciting human interfaces. We are an eclectic group with backgrounds in computer science, gesture recognition, human factors, signal processing, and more. We're looking for an engineer with excellent software skills to design and build scalable, high-quality code architectures for the future of Apple's human interface devices!
- 5+ years of software development experience, work with input technologies or gesture recognition is a plus
- Proficiency in C++ and Python. Objective-C and Swift are a plus
- Exposure to algorithms, machine learning, or data science projects including evaluating algorithms on large datasets
- Solid algorithm or math fundamentals. You will be comfortable working with (and learning as necessary) topics like linear algebra, statistics, signal processing, machine learning, etc.
- Understands and advocates principles of good software design
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
We're looking for an algorithms engineer interested in architecting interactions end-to-end, from hardware systems to software-defined UI. In this role, you will work with a wide range of partners across hardware, software, and design to define the input experience and architect solutions. You will build the core software & algorithm logic for new interactions and root-cause usability issues across the stack. You will build a holistic picture of performance, leveraging both quantitative analyses and hands-on experience with prototypes, and translate technical nuances to user-impacts. The ideal engineer is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with crafting the way we will interact with next-generation Apple products. You are a self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and a fast learner. You are quick to forge relationships and comfortable with ambiguity. You have strong technical leadership skills and enjoy collaborating with others toward the creation of commercial grade software.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field