Technical Program Manager (TPM) - MLB/SIP & Quality
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 23, 2021
Role Number: 200241487
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a critical and high visibility role in the DFM organization. We are seeking an TPM and Quality professional who brings broad expertise in the areas of SMT, molding, semiconductor packaging processes, and product quality. You will work with a cross functional team and suppliers to make sure the product design and process design are manufacturable; setup factory and quality processes to ensure high incoming and outgoing quality, and deliver scalable manufacturing processes with high yield and low cost in a timely manner; communicate effectively with management, cross functional teams, and suppliers; manage quality excursions.
- 5+ years experience
- Experience and knowledge molding, SMT, laser, PVD/coating technologies
- Solid quality knowledge, ability to make sound quality decisions based on data.
- Experience/background working with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work within a diverse team of colleagues with varying degrees of experience
- Strong data analysis skill. Prefer JMP or Tableau skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, documentation, communication & presentation skills.
Work with CMs/suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to bring-up a scalable mass-production process for system-MLBs/SiPs Areas of ownership will include factory set-up and sustenance of technical operations functions associated with MLB/SiP manufacturing, including SMT and test processes. Work with internal and factory-based NPI Operations, Procurement and Engineering groups to deliver on factory output, yield and quality.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Mechanical Engineering, EE, Material Science or related