Imagine a production opportunity where you are truly valued as an employee in a family-owned environment.
PABCO® Gypsum in Newark, CA is seeking to hire a Class A Driver (DOT). In this role, you will have the support of your supervisors and colleagues to learn and grow with a deep-rooted company in an expanding history. PABCO values family, loyalty and safety.
A few more reasons why you should join the PABCO family:
- Excellent compensation – Competitive wages.
- Great benefits package – Including Kaiser and Blue Shield, 401(k), profit sharing, holidays, vacation, wellness programs, life assistance program, corporate discounts for 24 Hour Fitness and select wireless phone services, educational reimbursement, scholarships for children/grandchildren of employees and opportunities for community service.
- Rich history – PABCO Gypsum began manufacturing gypsum board after its 1972 acquisition of an idle gypsum plant Newark, California. Five years later, PABCO expanded its gypsum manufacturing capabilities with the acquisition of a Johns-Manville gypsum plant and quarry north of Las Vegas, Nevada. The Las Vegas facility was expanded and modernized in 1998 and again in 2005; and Newark was updated in 2009 and 2020-21.
- Innovative Products - In 2013, PABCO Gypsum purchased QuietRock, which brought the world's first sound reducing drywall panel into the PABCO family.
We are an essential business, supporting commercial and residential building needs during the COVID-19 pandemic which allows our employees to enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We’ve updated our training and safety protocols to ensure all of our employees can work in a safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a summary of the duties and responsibilities that are a regular part of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
Inspects trucks daily verifying that truck is safe to drive and fills out inspection sheet
- Loads and unloads products from trucks using heavy machinery
- Transports products in a safe and timely manner
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality
- Attends safety meeting and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- Maintain a Class A Commercial California State Driver’s License and good driving record
- Must have endorsement to operate double trailers
- Abide by all DOT regulations
- Ability to operate a forklift and other heavy machinery
- Maintain good attendance