Join our company of professionals in the exciting A/E/C industry as we design high performance building systems for all types of commercial and institutional projects. Design Engineers seeks an eager learner to join our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office as an Electrical Engineer.
The perfect candidate for our Electrical Engineer position will have direct experience in the construction industry and a traditional electrical engineering education. Your exemplary communication skills will be in use during project design sessions with Lead Engineers. This position requires a great degree of organizational and interpersonal skills, a knack for problem solving and an eye for the details. Our integrated design approach is inclusive and equal opportunity.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Undertake electrical systems design including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
• Perform calculations for power and lighting systems.
• Provide direction to designers and BIM technicians for preparation of drawings detailing the design.
• Coordinate work with Clients and design team members of other disciplines.
• Create/prepare reports.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods.
• Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
• Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Voracious appetite for learning.
• Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – must be able to describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to clients and co-workers.
• Bachelors of Science, Electrical Engineering
• Experience with design of lighting, power, fire alarm and low voltage systems desired.
• Experience with SKM Power Tools, AGI32 and Revit desired.