General Maintenance Technician III – General Building Maintenance
(Must be flexible with hours; Evening Shift from 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.)
Reports to: Foreperson – General Building Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Pay Grade: 307
Performs general maintenance of school buildings and facilities, including skilled work in the following
types of repair: concrete, masonry, flooring, drywall, acoustical ceilings, commercial carpentry, and
commercial roofing. Assigned to work the evening shift, 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., and coordinates,
monitors, and directs the work of Technician I and II employees working shift as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Works independently and occasionally leads other technicians.
• Prepares area for concrete by building forms; mixes concrete and finishes surface; repairs broken
areas in existing concrete.
• Installs and repairs brick, block, stone, glazed, and ceramic tile.
• Installs new Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT).
• Installs new carpet (stretch and glue when necessary).
• Installs drywall.
• Prepares and lays out areas for new ceiling.
• Hangs wires and installs new grids and board (insulation when necessary).
• Fabricates, repairs, and replaces doors, windows, ceiling, materials, glass, building hardware,
screen, plastic, laminate, and other related materials.
• Installs and repairs partitions in restrooms.
• Constructs and repairs outdoor equipment including playground equipment, fences, gates,
bleachers, and so forth.
• Assists with the installation and moving of portable buildings, including construction of steps,
handicap ramps, walls, and frame work repairs that may involve crawling underneath a building.
• Inspects roofs for leaks; studies problem roofs and recommends best repair option; repairs and
• Receives and completes work orders.
• Inspects job upon completion, ensures areas are clean, and removes scraps and materials as
• Maintains inventory of District-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
• Performs preventive maintenance of tools and equipment.