To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Abilene, TX plant to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
- Install align and lock dies, punches, blades, or other machine fixtures to assure safe operation of machine.
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Must be able to work Second and/or Third shift
- 2nd Shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM).
- 3rd Shift (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM).
- Requires average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire 8 hour shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Click to apply online!