The paraprofessional will serve as a member of the instructional team, supporting learning for high school students in a "best fit" environment for teenagers with significant barriers to education.
The paraprofessional will be a member of a turnaround school community and will aid in developing a new educational model to complement the acclaimed barrier removal work Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana does at The Excel Centers, Nurse Family Partnership, and other award-winning programs.
School priorities include:
- High rigor, high support instruction to close academic gaps and prepare students for post-secondary opportunities
- Trauma-informed social emotional learning
- Student and family empowerment through coordination with a robust Student Services team of coaches, counselors, and more.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to support general and special education students needing support in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/504/ESL team(s) and general education teachers.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Collects and reports on data regarding the progress of identified students
- Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma; college preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong reading, writing, and math skills.
- Desire to assist students with special needs in a learning environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution in to Teachers' Retirement Fund for eligible employees
To learn more about our Mission and Values, please click here.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled