Sr. Software Engineer- Core Networking
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200238852
Apple is looking for a talented and energetic software engineer for the Core Networking team to participate in the architecture and development of networking system configuration. Specific areas of responsibility include networking interfaces, networking API, and protocols. The ideal candidate should possess experience with network administration (macOS or Linux distribution installs and customization). System level software design experience is also important.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- Understanding of networking technologies and concepts (IPv4, IPv6, network routing, DHCP, DNS, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc)
- Experience with network administration (macOS or Linux distribution installs and customization via shell or python scripts)
- Solid understanding of operating system architecture
- Good understanding of software design and implementation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
The candidate needs to be able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, handle multiple assignments in parallel, and be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The candidate also needs to show initiative, be able to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has cross-functional aspects and the candidate will need to show excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent networking software development experience. MS CS/EE preferred.