Review Statements of Faith, Core Values, Statement of Purpose and Qualifications for Employment. Are you in agreement with them?
The Janitor (FT) will perform cleaning and servicing tasks in accordance with Hope Ministries’ Core Values, Statement of Faith, and Mission Statement. The Janitor keeps buildings in clean and orderly condition. He/she will perform cleaning duties in an effort to preserve the cleanliness and appearance of the facilities to which he/she is assigned. Duties will also include notifying Facilities Management of any equipment or building repair needs that he/she observes. The Janitor tasks will include but may not be limited to utilizing floor cleaning equipment, sweeping, washing walls, cleaning showers/restrooms, touch-up painting. The Janitor will also use management software to keep records of tasks completed.
The Janitor is accountable to, and reports to, the Facilities Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of facilities.
- Work in a spirit of cooperation and mutual assistance with all other staff members of Hope Ministries and its subsidiaries.
- Work as an integral part of a facilities management team.
- Evaluate processes and make recommendations to Facilities Manager for changes.
- Evaluate routes and duties to maximize efficiencies.
- Complete tasks and projects involving general facility cleaning.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping flooring and stairs.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain custodial equipment in a clean, safe operable condition.
- Coordinate with other Facilities Management staff as needed.
- Participate in the spiritual growth and Christian instruction of those who Hope Ministries serves. This can include (but is not restricted to) personal mentoring, the sharing of Scripture and Biblical encouragement, and praying with program participants. This may be in a structured setting (i.e., a classroom or chapel), or unstructured, with individual clients as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Spiritual qualifications: Must have a lifestyle that demonstrates moral and ethical adherence to the teachings of the Bible and an expressed desire to minister to those who are poor, needy, and homeless.
- Physical: must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Other: good communication skills, both written and verbal; must have reliable personal transportation.