Reports to: Facilities Manager
Location: 250 unit Senior Apartment Building located in Colonie, NY
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Weekends Possible
- On Call as Necessary
Wage: $52,000 Annually
- Minimum forty (40) hours per week, additional hours as required.
- Salary to commensurate with level of experience.
- Paid time off. Holidays.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the entire property in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
- Direct and assist in all phases of maintenance operations.
- Works with Property Site Manager.
- Manages, trains, and supervises assigned maintenance technicians.
- Maintains working relationships with all other staff members both office, site personnel and janitorial.
- Maintains working relationship with all vendors, contractors, and construction personnel.
- Maintains relationships with all current and prospective residents.
- Supervise employees along with their training and further development.
- Assesses and prioritizes all work to be performed on assigned site.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools, and work materials.
- Establishes and completes daily work schedules for maintenance duties.
- Ensures quality of work duties performed.
- Notifies Property Site Manager of all problems and potential issues of concern.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all utility sources and supply lines.
- Assists the Property Site Manager with the scheduling and status of units under renovation.
- Paints, cleans, completes maintenance items, and all other items required for the completion of the unit under renovation.
- Perform all necessary maintenance both the exterior and interiors of all buildings of the property assigned.
- Establishes and maintains preventative maintenance items.
- Consults with the Property Site Manager in order to maintain the property within the guidelines of the budget.
- Completes regular inspections of the assigned property.
- Holds regular meetings with site staff for safety, organization, and policy review.
- Assists in employee evaluations and recommendations
- Performs all phases of snow removal from sidewalks and entrances and maintains all appropriate equipment.
- Covers or assigns all after hour coverage of the assigned property.
- Handles all emergencies that may arise and communicates all details of the incident to the Property Site Manager. In the event of a site emergency pertaining to physical and plant structures, notify the Executive Director.
- Minimum High School Education or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years full time maintenance experience.
- Ability to supervise.
- Willingness to perform all assigned tasks.
- Good work and safety habits.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and heating systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to represent the Mission of our organization and work part of a team.
- Weekly Pay Period
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 401K w/ Matching
- Annual sick leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Overtime Pay
- Employee Discounts: Up to 17% off Verizon Wireless.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 per year
Janitronics ensures safety and chemical-use training and all protocols prescribed by OSHA and the CDC are followed when we provide our cleaning teams with proper PPE (personal protective equipment) and utilizing EPA registered surface disinfectants.