Sr. Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200240443
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you want to work on technology that focuses on accuracy and performance of Apple products? Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. If your passion is to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist, come join us! We're looking for a North American Regulatory Compliance lead to drive various wireless project certification end to end, from development to launch, worldwide with focus in US and Canada. You will work with Apple's international teams and regional organizations to ensure that our product meets worldwide wireless compliance standards and to ensure the critical deployment of new products and technologies.
- You will be determining relevant compliance requirements for new technologies and products and provide requirements to support the product development teams
- In this role, you will act as liaison between hardware and software engineering teams through the development process
- You are able to influence our partner, external agencies and government regulatory authorities regarding rules and policy to support Apples product roadmap
- We look up to you to stay ahead of on any changes to global regulatory requirements, agency approvals or test procedures and keep worldwide team cross-functional teams updated on status
- You have hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI/RF exposure regulatory compliance for FCC/ISED - Experience with standard professional test lab equipment and processes for certification Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures, communications protocols, regulatory requirements and approval process. - Knowledge of U.S. and International telecommunications regulations and standards. - Your experience with wireless technologies like WLAN, BT, NFC, 802.11, LTE will help you on the job. - Experience with mmWave 5G is helpful - We believe your 5 years experience in wireless engineering or telecommunications will be an asset to our team. - We strongly feel that at least 3 years of industry experience dealing in regulatory processes will enable you to thrive at Apple.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering Discipline