Circuit Timing Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Role Number: 200242796
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality! Join us, and you'll help crafting tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before envisioned! We have an extraordinary opportunity for Circuit Timing Engineers. You will be working on custom digital circuits and will implement sophisticated circuit techniques to improve circuit performance, optimize dynamic/static power and support full bring up through productization. This highly visible role is at the heart of a processor design effort, making a critical impact delivering products to market quickly.
- We are looking for applicants with 5+ years of proven experience in transistor level static timing analysis and noise flows.
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge of industry standard STA tools, Nanotime and Primetime.
- Experience in timing constraints generation & management, and timing convergence in the CPU environment.
- Familiarity with custom memory designs (SRAM/ register file / dynamic circuits).
- Familiarity with timing margining methods.
- Ability to perform spice simulations for correlation to static timing and noise results.
- Expertise in analyzing and converging crosstalk delay and noise glitch in deep submicron processes.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Scripting skills for flow automation; experience with tcl is a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard circuit and design tools.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new insights, as well as work with a team of hardworking engineers. As a Circuit Timing Engineer for the custom digital team, you will develop timing models and will perform the following:
Enable global directives to ensure proper timing of unrivaled circuit topologies.
Provide a link between circuit designers, tool developers and chip-level timing to validate transistor-level timing accuracy and timing test correctness.
Help make the static timing experience better by scripting certain aspects of the flow.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.