Senior Engineering Manager, Maps Services & Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200241011
Maps makes it easier, safer, and more environmentally-friendly to get where you need to go with any of your Apple devices. Maps features like cycling directions, EV routing and real-time transit along with other Apple software features that require location information necessitates the existence of a platform that supports billions of requests each week from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay and Mac apps! The Maps Services & Infrastructure team is looking for a senior engineering leader to manage some of the highest-traffic services that power all Maps features and that support several Apple services like CoreLocation, HomeKit and Photos.
- Validated ability to lead high-performing teams.
- Superb interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with large multi-functional technical and business teams.
- Ability to hire, mentor, support and elevate the performance of a team, encouraging professional growth and development of the employees.
- Manage resources effectively and represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- User-Focused: Empathy for the user experience and the privacy of data come first.
- Experience with highly scalable services.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules, etc.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within the organization and in other business functions. A learning attitude to continuously improve yourself, your team and the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles, resource- and fiscal-planning experience is a plus.
This is a highly visible position, where you will collaborate with multi-functional teams to define, implement, and support systems that will power the next generation of services that power features across Maps and beyond. You will be working on critical systems that support Apple services. You will work with world-class teams who have a real passion for engineering and delivering features that scale and maintain strong privacy guarantees to end-users. This is one of a handful of jobs where you will be directly responsible managing services that support millions of requests per second in addition to processing petabytes of data per day. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join our amazing team - if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree plus 10+ years relevant experience; a degree in Computer Science is helpful but not required.
- Data analysis and visualization experience as a tool to drive business objectives.
- At least 5 years leading collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams.