Financial Manager – 2021 American Rescue Plan: Jefferson County is recruiting for a Financial Manager to administer the County’s 2021 American Rescue Plan grant funds. This is a two-year limited term position. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, managing, coordinating, disbursing, and reporting upon the funds authorized for the County’s use by the 2021 American Rescue Plan. Uses governmental accounting and budgeting practices in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Engaging and facilitating discussions with appropriate local businesses, non-profits and junior taxing districts regarding 2021 American Rescue Plan funding opportunities.
- Drafting, staffing and obtaining Board of County Commissioner approval for contracts necessary to distribute funds to local businesses, non-profits and junior taxing districts. This includes disbursing and tracking said funds, including processing invoices and authorizing payments.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s (BA) degree in accounting or business-related field or an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in accounting or business-related field
- Experience: Five years in an office or business environment, handling management, financial or administrative duties. Two (2) years’ experience in governmental accounting preferred.
A combination of education and experience that allows the applicant to complete the essential functions of the job in the opinion of the hiring official.
This full-time position comes with full family benefits including a pension. Starting pay typically $6,485.98. Full pay range $6,485.98 to $8,716.62. EOE employer.
Open until filled, first review Wednesday, May 13, 2021. To submit an application for this position,
Click the “Apply” button on the right of this page to be directed to our careers page. Instructions for submitting an application are below.
- Complete the application form, being sure to indicate the position you applying for on the application
- Attach a resume and cover letter
- Save your submittal, which will automatically forward your application packet