SoC Silicon Debug Engineering Program Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Role Number: 200243153
passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's! Apple seeks a Senior Silicon Program Manager within the Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) Engineering organization. You help lead and drive programs involving silicon debug, bring-up and validation for state-of-the-art technology used in next generation Apple products. In this multifaceted role, and as a member of a Senior Project Management team, you will drive Silicon program schedules and resolve technical issues that enable on time silicon delivery. This position will collaborate with multi-functional teams to resolve silicon issues blocking product development starting with initial silicon bring up through production release and beyond.
- 7+ years experience in SOC / VLSI Chip Design, DRAM, Product Engineering.
- 5+ years of Technical program management / vendor management experience.
- Experience in silicon validation or qualification of ASIC's.
- Experience with ARM architecture and leading silicon projects from concept to production is considered a plus.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to inspire team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passion to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Experience working in a high-energy multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management
- Thrive in dynamic schedule driven development environment
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting
- Excellent debugging skills. Proven ability to drive resolution of critical problems.
In this high profile role you will be responsible for the following:
Work on a PM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules.
Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality silicon execution.
Interface and drive silicon issues across multi-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware and Software.
Focus silicon team on meeting near term work and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with data based decision-making.
Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track & follow up issues/escalations.
Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status.
Education & Experience
MS / BS Degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering.