Embedded Power Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200232151
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 8+ years experience in wireless product development
- Experienced in doing low level driver development for cellular modem products
- Strong expertise in the area of modem power management system/SW architecture & power flows
- Strong expertise in design and implementation of modem power management drivers
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (using C, C++), scripting (Python preferred, Perl) and debugging
- Experience in trouble shooting complex race conditions between SW and HW power management flows
- Hands-on experience in debugging of modem products.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent debugging skills. Hands-on experience in debugging of modem products.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Hardworking, inquisitive and seeks to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customer
Apple's Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. We are passionate about keeping our users connected 24/7 wherever they go. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - SIM, NAS, AS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem. Are you equally passionate about cellular technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+years of experience in one or more of following for cellular protocol stack relevant features on commercial UE or protocol test systems are essential: protocol feature development, test specification, test case implementation and analysis.