Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200243001
Join our Wireless Technology Ecosystem (WTE) and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical Wireless SDET with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join the team responsible for bring up of automated test bench and tools to perform functional validation of Java Card Applets on the Secure Element of iOS/WatchOS/macOS devices used to perform NFC transactions for ApplePay, Transit and Access.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of ISO14443 application layer and/or Global Platform/EMV standards and/or Java Card.
- Applet testing or applet development experience is a plus
- Experience in/using python/C/C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in crafting, writing, and automating test cases for specific features
- Proven track record to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- You are experienced with SQA methodologies & practices, filing bug reports.
- You understand Git and other system softwares.
- Results oriented and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix
- You thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across many teams
- You are passionately hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
You will join a team with multifaceted strengths responsible for developing automated test benches to qualify NFC functionality on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for understanding various applet development specifications, writing corresponding in depth test cases to qualify these applets, developing test benches that will automate the qualification of these test cases and qualifying applet drops on various secure element platforms, reporting automated test results and filing quality bug reports. You will also be engaged in driving vendor applet qualification for applets developed externally. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a multifaceted and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in crafting the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply coordinated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly sophisticated matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly detailed test plans. The applicant will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a NFC experience that is the best of its kind.