AI/ML, Senior Operations Process Engineer - Annotation Ops
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200221367
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts! We are looking for an experienced Operations Process Engineer who can design and implement operational processes/workflows that directly improve the efficiency of a globally distributed Siri Annotations organization.
- 10+ years of experience in E2E process design, implementation, and continuous improvement of operational processes in a global and multicultural Services/Consulting business.
- Experience with developing and improving standard operating procedures.
- Proven experience in lean/six sigma, change management, program management in a rapidly evolving large scale business.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Ability to think strategically beyond day-to-day execution
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to brainstorm, pilot and enact operational processes.
A Senior Operations Process Engineer, is in charge of creating, improving, and delivering the processes that support the Global Siri Grading Operations team. You will be driven by data analysis to identify process waste and improve business outcome value by implementing simple yet effective changes. You will collaborate with the Regional Ops Program Leaders to review program setup, assure alignment with current or future program goals and strategies and improve workflows and outcomes. This is a global position which will need flexibility to work closely with global partners across timezones. Day to day responsibilities include: - Partner with global program leads to assess existing processes, develop and implement standard operating procedures to streamline operational and administrative processes, achieve global consistency and improve efficiency. - Drive process design and standardization for global operations. Create and maintain business SOPs with proper version control. - Ensure alignment with the program requirements including relevant process performance metrics & KPIs and compliance requirements/controls, in collaboration with global Ops Leads. - Identify critical risks to deployment of standardized processes. Recommend, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those risks. - Create and lead a Change Control Board to drive continuous improvement and change management. - Ensure there are reliable measurement and audit processes in place to drive a high standard of process performance when introducing/improving processes. - Perform Process Mapping, Gap Analysis, Value Chain Analysis, KPI management. Be proactive in identifying continuous improvement areas in operational processes and act as a leader to drive resulting initiatives. This is a highly reciprocal position that requires working with Tools, Quality, Training and Operations Leads to deliver premier process solutions. And most of all, you are able to manage and lead change effectively while maintaining Apple culture and standards. Social skills and global change management expertise are essential for this role. Applicants should thrive in dynamic, high-pressure situations and welcome critical-thinking opportunities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) - MBA a plus.