Apple Media Products - Sr Machine Learning Engineer - Search
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Role Number: 200241936
- Strong ML background with expertise in one of these areas - search applications, information retrieval, text mining, natural language processing, search relevance/ranking.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Java or other OO languages
- Experience in distributed computing, micro-services architecture, search and related technologies.
- Experience with Lucene/Solr/Elastic Search or related technologies
- Experience with Hadoop/ Map-Reduce/ Spark/ Kafka
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - working independently and/or in small teams
- Passion for building high-quality user experiences with attention to detail
Are you a passionate about building scalable, reliable, maintainable services and solving data and machine learning problems at scale? Come join us and be part of the Apple Media Products journey. The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We operate in hundreds of countries and dozens of languages. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day. Responsibilities will include: Design, development and maintenance of core search components that serves millions of customers worldwide. Bringing in the latest in search and discovery ideas to production at a large scale. Feature engineering and model building for query understanding, and improving recall and precision of search results. Crafting new ways for customers to discover content in a rapidly growing catalog on the Apple ecosystem of devices and platforms. Conduct AB Tests to ensure we objectively measure improvements.
Education & Experience
Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.