Software Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Role Number: 200235685
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video, and graphics in Apple's innovative products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod, and Apple TV. IMG's Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback, and APIs for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience.
- 3+ years of SW development and system integration experience.
- Proven experience in shell scripting, Python (or perl).
- Experience in building C/C++-based projects.
- Competent with version control systems: git and svn
- Experience with branching and merging
- Familiarity with Mac and/or Unix development and debugging tools.
- Familiarity with automated build, continuous integration, and test automation systems.
You will work closely with the software engineering and build automation teams, and duties will include the design, enhancement, and automation of source code integration processes, and managing the integration of the team's work into the numerous software releases of Apple's various platforms. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with the development and integration of tests for these deliverables into automated test systems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS or equivalent field.
- Experience with Splunk is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with LLVM and/or Xcode and/or gnu make is a plus
- Coding experience in a C-based language a plus (C, C++, Objective-C).
- Experience with Jenkins or similar tools a strong plus.
- Experience in audio-related software development a plus
- Experience with embedded systems a plus.