Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Reporting to the Global Director Org & Talent Transformation, the Enterprise Leadership Development Manager is responsible for owning the identification, design, development, implementation, and management of leadership programs to ensure a pipeline of current and future talent who are visionary and transformational within Rockwell. The Enterprise Leadership Development Manager will oversee Rockwell leadership development programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and objectives. In addition, the Enterprise Leadership Development Manager is responsible for the identification of current and future talent needs, assessment of current capabilities, development of plans to close leadership gaps and evaluation of the learning to measure business impact. The Enterprise Leadership Development Manager role will also collaborate with global HR Business Partners and Org and Talent Management leaders to position leadership development frameworks related to critical talent development, performance, and succession planning needs.
Essential Job functions:
- Identify, design, develop, coordinate, deliver and measure leadership development, that transforms business performance and grows the organizations' leadership skills in alignment with Rockwell cultural tenants, strategic framework and transformational success profile.
- Ensure instructional design aligns to the 70/20/10 methodology and crosses multiple innovative learning media, technology-based, gaming solutions and platforms to best facilitate a common approach and language to meet global leader learning needs.
- Build and maintain an expertise on the latest leadership, learning, and development trends, technologies and best practices to strategically align leadership development to business performance.
- Partner with Talent Analytics to develop, manage, and publish predictive learning evaluations and program effectiveness metrics aligned to business outcomes
- Create and manage the project plan for implementing leadership development programs and processes.
- Partner with Talent team to leverage learning management system capabilities and follows learning governance standards and policies to support those needs.
- Evaluate, select, and manage leadership learning vendors and vendor contracts.
Leadership Competencies desired:
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Tech Savvy
- Builds Effective Teams
- Strategic Mindset
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required with a preferred focus on Instructional Design, Organizational Development or equivalent
- 10-15 years of experience in Leadership Development, Org Development, or HR
- Proven abilities in project management methodology and execution
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of adult learning theory
- Instructional design methodologies with proven success in virtual learning, technology-based learning, social learning, and innovative learning modalities
- Training needs analysis and performance consulting
- Strong virtual and instructor-led classroom facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Operates independently on a day-to-day basis and is collaborative in nature
- Proficient in virtual tools (Microsoft Teams preferred), MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated capability leading others through influence
- Experience working with global teams
- Strong business acumen in a manufacturing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).