Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Sources, selects and qualifies components to be used in RA's products
Works on issues of moderate scope and applies engineering problem solving skills
- Provides technical guidance regarding the selection of components to RA's Businesses, Quality, Sourcing and Purchasing
- Investigates alternate components to improve quality / reliability, reduce costs and/or to maintain operational efficiencies
- Develops guidelines / procedures on component vendor selection
- Evaluates supplier changes
- Maintains component data management system for assigned commodities
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of electronic components
- Creates, maintains, and communicates technology roadmaps to stakeholders
- Assists in root cause failure analysis
Where applicable (i.e. laboratory staff who generate, handle or dispose of hazardous or potentially hazardous waste(s) and laboratory staff who work near, around or have the potential to handle or come into contact with hazardous waste(s)), laboratory staff will appropriately handle, segregate and dispose of all hazardous wastes and potentially hazardous wastes. Hazardous waste duties will be performed in accordance with federal and state regulations, as well as Rockwell Automation Policies and Procedures. Hazardous wastes will be handled by staff only after appropriate training has been completed.
- Initiates activities within Component Engineering
- Serves as Team Member on selected projects and cross-functional teams
- Serve as active Team Member on Supplier Management Reviews to promote continuous improvements in quality, delivery and value. May also participate in on-site technical surveys.
- Interfaces with customers to provide component expertise on complex matters to improve process and product quality, as well as decrease costs.
§ Internal customers to include design / development engineers, Quality Staff, Sourcing and Purchasing Staff
§ External customers to include suppliers, as well as end-users of RA products.
- Must possess ability to articulate detailed technical information, both written and orally, to the customer.
- Draws upon knowledge (formal training and experience) and communication skills to influence others and/or to facilitate resolution of component problems.
- Partners with customers and coordinates efforts to resolve problems in creative and effective ways
Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering principles, theories, and techniques. See statement below.
Two - Four years related experience
Familiar with scientific techniques associated with Physics of failure analysis of components
Experience in manufacturing that utilizes electronic components
Familiarity with SAP or a similar data system
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).