Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The objective of this position is to achieve year-on-year improvement in total cost, quality, and service for a portfolio of commodities. The commodities under management are Transformers and other Direct Materials categories.
- Develop the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities.
- Develop and refine the sourcing strategy (with guidance from the Strategic Sourcing Managers and Director) using input from the sourcing team and key global/regional business leaders within the business units.
- The sourcing strategy will drive the continuous improvement of Rockwell's Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the assigned commodities.
- Drive implementation of the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities.
- Once a sourcing strategy has been developed, the Commodity Manager will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage business unit compliance with the strategy.
- The Commodity Manager will also establish working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, procurement, operations, marketing, and quality assurance) within the Integrated Supply Chain organization bringing a strategic sourcing perspective to all key processes.
- Will also assist Procurement in driving supplier performance and selection as required. Leadership of strategic sourcing teams.
- The Commodity Manager will lead and drive results of specific strategic sourcing strategies within assigned commodities.
- Must be successful at managing and influencing a cross-functional team.
- The Commodity Manager will act as a catalyst for change to achieve business goals as well as addressing barriers to change.
- The Commodity Manager partners with business units to understand the goals and objectives and formulates strategies to achieve desired business results.
- On an ongoing basis, the Commodity Manager will remain current on supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Responsible for Global Supplier Management. On an ongoing basis, the Commodity Manager will monitor and evaluate supplier performance (quality, delivery, service levels) of all suppliers.
- Conduct regular strategic business reviews with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of the supply base.
- Measure and track quarterly performance within each service area.
- Within the business unit, the Commodity Manager will champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal and joint supplier/unit teams pursuing TCO reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy (e.g. demand management, increasing productivity, improving supplier operations, etc.).
- Identify and implement best practices within assigned commodities.
- Bachelor's degree Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in buying, project management or operations management.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and strategy development, and project management.
- Basic knowledge of commodities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects / assignments requiring identification of objectives, resources and/or approaches.
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems is essential, preferably SAP.
- This position requires limited travel to other Rockwell Automation locations to support assigned business unit segment (20% Domestic & International).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).