Location: Chicago - Illinois
Location: Indianapolis - Indiana
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
This position will be responsible for consistently driving direct sales to achieve order and revenue goals for the Connected Services Business suite of offerings assigned territory. This includes, but is not limited to selling Industrial Networking and Data Center Infrastructure Systems, Compute Assessments, Designs, Implementations, Cyber Security offerings (Risk assessments, iDMZ's, Continuous Threat Detection and End Point Protection) and associated Comprehensive Managed Services. The role requires a proven track record of leading and executing complex sales pursuits as well as client based executive level engagement/consulting. This individual must demonstrate collaboration and cross functional leadership skills, as their responsibilities will also include working with sales territories, sales management, business unit domain experts, and strategic partners to Rockwell Automation. Global collaboration, project coordination, market access and strategy planning will be needed as required
- Achieve Rockwell Automation Connected Services sales targets, and meet business plans for Industrial Infrastructure, Virtualization, Cyber solutions and Managed Services Contracts using a discipline sales process within targeted accounts.
- Directly responsible for meeting and exceeding quota by actively negotiating and bringing opportunities to closure while working with the broader Rockwell Automation sales teams.
- Develop and manage an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of Connected Services opportunities and other related solutions.
- Work with Technical Service Engineers/Solution Architects and Connected Services Proposal Solution Consultants/Leads to develop the Scope of Supply, Bill of Materials, and Contract Requirements for proposals.
- Leverage Global Sales & Marketing selling resources for target opportunity identification and access. Serve as the primary liaison between customers, regional sales team members and Rockwell Automation Connected Services to ensure efficient and effective communications and information flow from sales and pipeline development activities. Effectively translate technical terms into everyday language and properly manage expectations, both internally and externally.
- Provide formal regular status reports to sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information. Monitor & report revenue and pipeline results weekly via CRM tool for assigned Verticals or Geographies to ensure performance goals are met.
- Understand products, technologies, and solutions centered on Networking, Infrastructure, Information Security, Virtualization, and Cyber Security Services to generate demand, develop and lead complex sales, close opportunities into revenue, and work within all vertical industries within the assigned region (e.g Oil and Gas, Mining, Life Sciences, Heavy Industries, Food and Beverage, Chemical)
- Demonstrate and execute sales and business management processes, (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Funnel Reviews, Target Account Progression, New Customer Generation, Financial Forecasting, Proposal Generation/Revenue Target Review)
- Responsible for competency development of territory sales teams, limited authorized distributor sales teams, and customers through conducting regular learning sessions, participate in/coordinate Rockwell Automation lead seminars and trade shows.
- Collect, analyze and communicate market data to produce growth strategies, target account planning, which includes deep understanding of competitive landscapes, trends, key wins/losses and service development needs to the BU product management teams.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 8 years of proven sales experience in consultative sales, track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Minimum of 8 years or more of Automation, Engineering Services or Manufacturing industry experience required.
- Ability to develop technical value propositions, demonstrate business and financial acumen, quantify return on investment, capital planning, operational budget management
- Capable in leading and facilitating win strategy processes
- Proven experience and demonstrated track record in developing account penetration, executive level selling, client based strategy creation, and execution of existing frameworks in place
- Preferred - Expertise / certification in Cyber Security standards, such as ISO 27001, IEC 62443.
- Must have strong communication & collaboration skills in order to work with Rockwell Automation Product Business Units, Solutions and Services Delivery Teams, Global Sales teams, Sales Leadership, and Key strategic partners.
- Demonstrates vendor/partner relationship management, collaborative selling (e.g. Cisco Systems, Panduit, Claroty VMware, Juniper, Bluecoat, CheckPoint, Symantec) including influencing and developing strategic partnerships.
- Strong contributor.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- Consistently achieving results even under tough circumstances. Ability to work in high visibility, high pressure situations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).